BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Halcyon Days

I remember my first day on campus like it was yesterday! I was assigned to Africa Hall and had a room but I didn't have roommates. So I went scouting for roommates. I found three beautiful, fun-loving girls who didn't have a room. So we hooked up! That very day, we went to the then hottest restaurant in town, courtesy of some guy. The two years that followed was a roller coaster of fun, anger, sadness, and friendship.We were four stunning, smart girls who took Knust by storm! No party was a party without us, suffice it to say, we ruled the school. Every night, we had at the very least 30 guys passing through for visits. I wonder how many had just friendship on their minds! Weekends started from wednesdays for us. Karaoke, clubbing, drink-ups! You name it, we were there! All that exposure had some guys and gals hating, saying we were "sikadicious" girls, the "chrifes" were calling us "evil" cos we'd come back from the club, change, and go straight to church! But i think that was striking a perfect balance!

In our second semester, we moved to Brunei. Now Brunei was the place to be. Lots of hot guys and gals, so obviously, we wanted in. We were so superficial back then! Brunei, was the drama capital of the world! Drama, drama, drama!!!!!!!! Who was stealing whose boyfriend, who's wearing what, whose weave looks good/ugly, who's sleeping with whom? It was fun when the drama wasn't about you, but it was hell when you were involved! Girls thrive on drama and if there was an altercation between a girl from the Jblock and the Kblock, u were sure to hear all about it! From the cheating boyfriends to the sex videos to the pregnancies, to the suicide attempts! Yeah, drama! But one thing about J and K block girls was the fact if an outsider picked a fight with any one belonging to J and K, let's just say that person wouldn't leave unscarred! It was ok to fight among ourselves but not ok for an outsider to attack the group. Twisted sense of logic but girls will be girls.

Eventually, the groups disbanded due to exess drama, including me and my girls but there was still that loyalty amongst the Brunei girls! Just ask some two older girls who got on our bad side at a certain infamous Hall Week! I enjoyed that day cos I made some good money!! No complaints there! Looking back at those times, I've realized I wouldn't change any second of it for all the packs of Tetley Tea in the world! (that's my favourite btw) because I made friends for life. friends i can call sisters. And I'm glad to say we all learned from our experiences, both good and bad and came out of university better for it. We went in as girls and came out as women, older, wiser and beautiful as ever! To the Women of 2009 Year Group. We rule!!!!!!!

Roll Call (Hottest Girls list) (random listing)

Vee
Mames
Buki
Ariel
Fuwee
Dobie
Crystle
Jennifer
Michelle
Thia
Alice
Swee
Cheryl
Cassie
Nana Yaa
Elsie
Your's Truly
Mavis
Nana Binfoh
Peggy
Aurelia
Hope i haven't forgotten any one!

0 comments: